We Are Hiring!
Resource Development Coordinator
Do you approach fundraising like an entrepreneur? Are you a creative leader? Have a knack for creating engaging campaigns that make an impact when presented to potential donors?
United Way of Haldimand and Norfolk is seeking a Resource Development Coordinator to develop strategies that recruit, retain and grow the donor base; build and grow relationships and implement new and innovative revenue growth strategies. He/She will also be responsible for the processing of donor pledges and contributions, bank deposits and other accounting functions as needed.
The successful candidate will be expected to spend time meeting and networking with key individuals and organizations, and identify potential partners whose interests align with UWHN.
The Resource Development Coordinator will be responsible for planning their schedule ensuring that 80% of their time is spent on Donor Development & Stewardship, with 20% of their time being allocated to Finance & Administration tasks.
80% Donor Development & Stewardship
- Develop and implement a donor engagement plan to recruit, retain and grow individual and corporate donors.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with current individual donors and prospects in order to expand United Way’s influence and revenue.
- Spend a minimum of 50% of time out of the office in order to engage with individual donors.
- Provide leadership and insight to the campaign cabinet and other volunteer leadership to maximize resource development activities and increase revenue.
- Regularly analyze and report results, comparing them to established goals.
- Ensure all campaign activity is maintained in a central database (Donation Tracker).
- Support ED with other duties as assigned to advance the mission of United Way.
20% Finance & Administration Tasks
- Process pledges in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Continue to improve and document processes that will increase efficiencies.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Maintain Donation Tracker information on pledge designations, and distribute funds quarterly.
- Prepare any additional reports as requested.
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission and direction of UWHN.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with CRM software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to plan and implement long- and short-range development initiatives to meet established priorities.
- Working knowledge of a variety of fundraising strategies and methods.
- Energetic, self-motivated, flexible and able to multi-task and work independently in a small, hands on work environment.
- Superb relationship building/management skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Must have ability to perform work that could require sitting, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping, general accounting principles.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 – 5:00. During peak times, this position may require long hours and/or weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. Our office is located in Simcoe, though regular travel will include working in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please send an email to [email protected] with a copy of your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!